UX Strategy & Design Consultant
(Sonoma, CA. June 2015 - Present)
JPmorgan Chase & Co.
Product Manager & User Strategist, Associate VP
(San Francisco, CA. December 2012 – May 2015)
- Strategy lead for redesign of Private Banking mobile application. Resulted in a 15% increase in the system usability score and a 68% increase in learnability.
- Developed a map detailing the journey of a credit card customer during application and post-approval. Recognized for my ability to improve Credit Card LOB understanding of customer behavior.
- Designed a communication tool that allowed us to collaborate on sketched solutions with a remotely located team. Recognized for my ability to develop key strategic partnerships within the Retail LOB.
- Led cross-functional team to define a future vision for mobile applications at Chase. Recognized for my ability to encourage new ideas from all team members.
- Provided a detailed view of Chase competitive landscape. Recognized for my ability to clearly communicate our opportunity space.
- Developed tools to help a growing team learn digital strategy within JPMorgan Chase. Recognized for my ability to mentor & grow junior team members.
UX Design Lead
(San Francisco, CA. May 2011 – June 2012)
Led strategy & UX design for AudiUSA.com. Contributions resulted in a 22 point rank increase in the J.D. Power 2012 Manufacturer Website Study.
Guided strategy & UX design for the Defeat Darkness Super Bowl campaign. Launch resulted in high engagement of 4 to 5 minutes on site.
Directed strategy & UX design for an experimental video pre-roll ad placement for Audi. Recognized by the client for my ability to think through the customer's journey and provide a smart solution.
UX Designer III
(Orem, UT. December 2005 – April 2011)
- As the sole UX Designer for the SiteCatalyst v14 redesign, provided primary IxD & Visual guidance from conception to launch of an enterprise SaaS offering. After launch, the product was recognized with a ClickZ Marketing Excellence Award for Best Analytics Platform.
- Led the conception and launch of a redesign of Discover 2.0. After launch, the product was recognized by the state of Utah with a Bet of State 2007 honor in Science and Technology.
- Developed a UX communication strategy and process, which would help the UX team grow successfully within a cross-functional department. Contribution led directly to team growth from 1 employee to 9.
- Guided the team towards the development and execution of a 3-year team charter. Successful in ensuring team members set their goals and reached key milestones.
- Introduced the team to Agile and demonstrated the value of bringing in a specialist to train us.
- Legal Compliance
Agile & Lean Processes
Graphic Design, Portland State University
Computer Science, Salt Lake Community College
Chemical Engineering, University of Utah
- Developing a Product Strategy Course
- Organizer for UX Book Club SF